Subject: Re: PAC: Newly revised language for CS 6

[eduardo.gutentag@eng.sun.com:]

| This may have already been mentioned (remember, I missed a call),
| but I think "At the beginning of the next calendar quarter" is
| ambiguous wrt "next".  I also have problems with "immediately
| following".  May I suggest the following:
|
| "Thirty days shall be allowed for administrative processing of a
| proposed standard. The last day of that period shall denote the
| initial calendar quarter. The proposal shall be submitted to the
| OASIS membership for review at the beginning of the calendar
| quarter immediately following the initial calendar quarter. At the
| beginning of the calendar quarter immediately following the review
| calendar quarter, the proposal shall be submitted to the voting
| members of OASIS, who shall have one month to return a ballot
| approving or disapproving the proposal.

The intent was to group items going out for review onto quarter
boundaries (Karl's point).  So starting the clock running at some
arbitrary point won't do it; we did literally mean that this kind
of thing will happen only every three months, at expected times.

It turns out, by the way, that "fiscal year" is already defined in
the bylaws.

| [Note: "one month" is vague; I'd much prefer "30 days"]

I'll buy that.

Jon