Subject: Re: New/Old Issue:15 days

Longer, shorter, I don't know, all I know is that if I'm hosting
a meeting at Sun (as a for instance, as I'm sure the same applies
to other orgs), if I don't have an accurate *final* count of
participants
15 or more days prior to the meeting, I might not be able to
accomodate the meeting properly. That's all I meant (and I believe
that's all I said).

Eduardo

Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre wrote:

> >Jon Bosak wrote:
> > The problem with making the notification period longer than 15
> >> days is that it would give people less than 15 days to decide to
> >> attend the meeting in the first place.
>
> and Eduardo agreed:
> >And would be the host less than two weeks to prepare for the meeting,
> >which may be too short in some organizations, when the meeting is
> >face-to-face.
>
> Fascinating.
>
> I did not want to make the period *longer*, I desired shorter.
> Yes, you need a rough count before a meeting, but it seems very awful to
> me to demand 15/14 days notice and thereby exclude anyone who does not
> hear about the meeting until 13 days away.
>
> If you know you are having a meeting, and 85-90% of your folks have
> given you sufficient notice, how really awful is it that a few have not?
>
> What is you are on vacation, out of email reach.  get home and see the notice.
> But now there is no time to say you are interested.
>
> --Debbie

> Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre               mailto:dalapeyre@mulberrytech.com
> Mulberry Technologies, Inc.                http://www.mulberrytech.com
> 17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9633
> Suite 207                                          Phone: 301/315-9631
> Rockville, MD  20850                                 Fax: 301/315-8285
>   Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in SGML and XML

Eduardo Gutentag               |         e-mail: eduardo@eng.Sun.COM
XML Technology Center          |         Phone:  (650) 786-5498
Sun Microsystems Inc.          |         fax:    (650) 786-5727