Subject: DRAFT MINUTES - Web Services Calendar (WS-Calendar) TC - 05 March 2010

Draft minutes of the TC meeting are available at

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/36828/
Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20100305_Draft.txt

Regards,

Gershon Janssen

---
DRAFT MINUTES
Web Services Calendar (WS-Calendar) TC
05 March 2010 12:00pm ET, 06:00pm CET

Call-In Information:

Participant passcode: 9959640

United States 	Toll free 	1-866-966-1834
Canada 		Toll free	1-866-925-0814
Germany		Toll free	0800 673 8261
Germany 	Local rate	03030 019 0714
Netherlands 	Toll free 	0800 022 9107
Netherlands 	Local rate 	020 708 50 76
United Kingdom 	Toll free	0 800 970 2702
United Kingdom 	Local Rate 	0845 051 8050

Generic International		+44 208 323 1234

Note: not all toll free numbers allow for mobile phones.

*6 mute/un-mute, *4 adjust the call volume, *0 operator

Gershon Janssen is hosting the teleconference number for this meeting.

NEW ACTION ITEMS:

AI20100305-001 - Toby Considine: Request Jira access for the TC Issues list

AI20100305-002 - Toby Considine: Update TC homepage

AI20100305-003 - William Cox: create a draft FAQ

AI20100305-004 - Carl Mattocks: contribute uses cases on ebXML RegReg

AI20100305-005 - William Cox: send a draft overview of more detailed tasks
		  for the TC to the list

Scribe: Gershon Janssen

0. Roll call, Agenda review

Meeting Attendees

Name  			Company  			Status
-----			-------				------
Ed Koch 		Akuacom Inc. 			Group Member
David Thewlis 		CalConnect 			Group Member
Carl Mattocks 		CheckMi* 			Group Member
William Cox 		Cox Software Architects LLC 	Group Member
Gershon Janssen 	Individual 			Group Member
Robert Old 		Siemens AG 			Group Member
Brad Benson 		Trane 				Group Member
Michel Kohanim 		Universal Devices, Inc. 	Group Member
Toby Considine 		University of North Carolina 	Group Member

Agenda for this meeting is approved without changes.

1. Minutes Approval

Meeting minutes of 26 February 2010
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/download.php/36691
/Minutes_WS-Calendar-TC_20100226_Draft.txt)are approved unanimously.

2. FYI / announcements from Chair, Secretary, Liaison

No announcements or information to share from chair, secretary, liaison.

3. Open Action Item Review and Discussion

-	AI20100226-001 - William Cox: Post links to PAP04 and WS-Calendar
webinar

Information has been sent to list; action item completed.

-	AI20100226-002 - Jeremy Roberts, Gershon Janssen: Investigate
possibilities to host conference line

Information has been provided to chair; action item completed.

4. Discuss issues

* Issue process
William Cox: Don't know how to track issues - suggestions welcome.
William Cox: ACTION TOBY request Jira access for the TC Issues list

* Moin-Moin Wiki
TC sees no need for a Wiki page yet, though the TC home page and an FAQ
would be beneficial.
William Cox: B: suggest the home page; Bill volunteers for FAQ
William Cox: ACTION TOBY update home page
William Cox: ACTION BILL draft FAQ

* Mail from Toby
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-calendar/email/archives/201
003/msg00000.html)
William Cox: T: Posted a link to a crude sketch of some issues that
illustrate thinking about where ws-calendar might be. Given that we're
starting off, worth talking about.
William Cox: See mail link.
William Cox: T: How would you use WS-Calendar in the smart grid. Tells us
something about the effects, or what it needs to look like.
William Cox: T: Clearly a lot of reasons - necessary and useful in a lot of
spaces. SG in the US has driven attention. More, different than what
iCalendar is ("here's some text, it happens at 3pm tomorrow", put it on your
calendar and see if you have two of them)  (overstated)
William Cox: T: Subtle issues - a task that may have complex ways to
satisfy.
William Cox: T: As I look at it, if I bring somethign to market in the
energy world, might have a one hour window this afternoon ...(see (1)(A) -
won't type it.
William Cox: T: Manufacturing sched has changed, willing to entertain bids
for power I[ve already bought.
William Cox: T: Spec of tomorrow, time range, calendar elements that occur
mutliple times.
William Cox: T: Simple, but differs from one event, once.
William Cox: T: Important in the financial world where a lot of trans had to
be done by COB on the trading floor, but now 7x24, multiple countries, when
is "COB".
William Cox: T: Execute conract - Joe can have my power tomorrow afternoon.
William Cox: T: MOre nuanced form - industrial energy intensive process (may
be the single largest cost).
William Cox: T: If I do 8 hour shift, I might know the contour during the
day.
William Cox: T: May bid in advance a number of time sequences.
William Cox: T: Series of levels and times and sequences. Trying to decide
whether to call in workforce for early morning or earlyh evening, bid both.
William Cox: EdK: Question about the current ws-cal spec. Mechs in place to
partition?  (iCalendar?)
William Cox: EdK: iCalendar, xCalendar?
William Cox: T: iCalendar doesn't have that; xCalendar is working on that
(weekly meetings). Call it all iCalendar.
William Cox: EdK; partitioning time period into consecutive slots is common
in our worlds.  Differs from conecutive time periods.
William Cox: T: Not just consecutive - degnerate form is one timeslot (per
Bill Cox).
William Cox: T: "Must have done in 15 minutes after which I'll send you a
message" - might be in BPEL4People as well, rel to energy.
William Cox: T: Not well edited sequence.
Toby Considine: WTC+ WIth a time is given, Semantic of time for beginning,
time fo rstarts. What are we specifcying
William Cox: B: time of start, time of completion, interval for completion
William Cox: T: What is the interval - is start time when people start
thinking about dialing in , or finish dialing in.
William Cox: T: Next section  - give me 20 minutes notice. Series of time
intervals, that become part of a contract. May include being paid for
standby and/or delivery of power. Offer to market in automated way, have
market be able to understand and place bbids in an automated way, and later
the performance.
William Cox: T: Might use again and again in the same transac tion.
William Cox: T: Business schedule heating/cooling/processing and tie to
enterprise/business functions.
William Cox: T: Hope for some obix use cases.
William Cox: T: Not a lot of enthusiams yet. Say that teh conference room is
in use from 2-3pm tomorrow...use to schedule.
William Cox: T: Now in scenario/req 3 - std ent and building interaction.
William Cox: T: Just gone through scenario A.
William Cox: T: Scenario B:
William Cox: T: Ask each building element (that know what bus service
they're supporting) how much power they can give up. Bid back into energy
markets.
William Cox: T: Two way conversation - schedule oriented.
William Cox: T: Classroom scheduling person - know how many people at what
times.
William Cox: CarlM: Reference time, may not solve the problems of federated
registrrars and repositories.
William Cox: T: Love to have (ebXML RegReg) use cases - the more and the
earlier the better.
William Cox: Carl: One of that TC's use cases is to support the service of
OGB (Geospatial practice). Profiles are being used by many orgs doing
optimizations - of operations and space surrounding. Ability to synchronize
time.
William Cox: T: Is this a suggestion to reach out to the SensorML crowd?
William Cox: Carl: Yes, adopted RegReg v3 as underlying technology,
continuing discussions as we work on version 4.
William Cox: Carl: That crowd is very interestedd in how registry is
evolved.

* Editing subcommittee
William Cox: B: Editing SC or work group.
William Cox: T: If someone has a burning need, speak out.
William Cox: DT: I think you're talking about ??Paul?? What do you want
edited?
William Cox: DT: Have to ask him, as far as I understand it waiting for
approval from OASIS primary to join the committee. Won't get far asking
before.
William Cox: T: If end up with a common editor for xCalendar and
WS-Calendar, even if one of us has to step forward, whole lot less risk of
std forking, good in a lot of ways.
William Cox: T: May not be experienced at editing OASIS stds, need
assistance.
William Cox: T: Reach deep into your souls.

5. Any Other Business?

* Planning
William Cox: ACTION BILL Strawman of more detailed task - next meeting
discusswion, send to the list.

6. Adjourn

William Cox: Motion to Adjourn - Bill, Gershon second.
William Cox: T: Adjourned. Always slow to start; will have a new LonMark
phone number for next week.