ws-dd message

Subject: [ws-dd] Sept 16 F2F Meeting Notes

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

1.      Welcome, Convener and meeting host

started 9:04am

2.      Introductions and roll call, Convener

20 people on call, 18 are voting members.

a) WS-DD TC roster

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-dd/members/roster.php

b) OASIS WS-DD TC home page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ws-dd

3. Appointment of Note taker(s), Convener – Geoff Bullen

4. Selection of TC chairs, Convener – Toby, Alain nominated

               Unanimous consent

9:09am finished – Colleen broke record for shortest convener section of call J

5. Approval of meeting agenda, Chairs

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00004.html

No objections, approved

6. Introduction to OASIS process, OASIS staff

Oasis welcomes the TC and describes OASIS TC process

7. Selection of issues list editor(s), Chairs

Nominations: Ram Jeyaraman, Accepted by chair

8. Review of TC charter, Chairs

a) Original Call for Participation

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200807/msg00000.html

b) WS-DD TC charter

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ws-dd/charter.php

Charter is reviewed.  No comments.

9. TC administration, Chairs

a) Distributed meeting schedule (day of week and time of day)

Propose: 8am PT every Tuesday, for 2 hours.  First Meeting 23rd September.

b) TC and meetings aids such as email archive, document repository, etc.

i) Email archive:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-dd/messages.php

ii) Document repository

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-dd/documents.php

Can we use Live Meeting for each Conference call?  No objections.

AI: Toby will create a perm live meeting for TC.

Done - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00021.html

c) Future F2F meeting schedule

Propose next F2F: Nov 18th – 20th, or Dec 2nd – 4th – December date is looking good.

Propose 3rd F2F: Feb 3rd-5th, 2009 or Feb 10th-12th, 2009

Revisit later in the meeting.

15 min Break…

3 specs have been submitted to committee by MS

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00005.html

White Paper has been submitted by MS

               http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00006.html

AI: Chairs: We need to elect an Editor for this and decide how to submit issues associated with it

d) TC roles (secretary, specification editors, etc.)

Secretary: Propose Geoff Bullen.

DPWS: Propose Dan Driscoll and Antoine Mensch

WS-DISC: Propose Vipul.  Coeditor: Devon Kemp

SOU: Propose Ram.

Ram: Walks through Issues list submission process.  Sent process to TC list.

               http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00009.html

What happens over next three days?

- submit issues ASAP, each as a separate emails.

For issues arising in a meeting, what happens?

- submit in email as usual.

AI: Ram to send out issues template- DONE.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00015.html

Chair: we need get the submitted input specs into OASIS format.

AI for spec editors – update the format.

10. Presentations

a) Devices Profile for Web Services (DPWS)

Dan D. + Devon: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00008.html

b) WS-Discovery

Vipul + Prasad + David:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00012.html

Questions about adding discovery proxies and how adding them can change the implementation of the client.  How does client know when metadata changes in the proxy?  It is not defined in the spec at the moment.

AI: Schneider + SAG + Ricoh should enter an issue about this.

Several other issues were raised – these will also be submitted to the TC in the standard way.

c) SOAP-over-UDP

Ram: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00007.html

Some issues were raised by Ram during the presentation and they will be submitted to the TC as issues in the normal way.

d) Additional Scenarios

François: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00010.html

Main Points – Think simple, small cheap devices.  Need async comms and BP compatibility.

Has submitted a number of issues to the list.

Shin: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00017.html

Has an issue with Eventing sending events to all printers.

It was decided we should submit issues to Ram directly and he will assign an issue number and submit them to the TC mailing list.  It is OK to send file attachments in docx format.

Do we need to walk through the specs?

Discussion on submitted updates to spec in to conform to OASIS statndard format.

Doc format is the authoritative format. Accepted.

Dan has sent a revised DPWS spec:

               http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00020.html

Dan explained differences from original spec

Do we accept this as the base spec?  Accepted.

Vipul has sent a revised Discovery spec:

               http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00027.html

Vipul explained differences from original spec

Do we accept this as the base spec?  Accepted.

Ram has sent a revised Soap-over-UDP spec:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-dd/200809/msg00018.html

Ram explained differences from original spec

Do we accept this as the base spec?  Accepted.

AI: spec authors: update specs to include authoritative format as doc and make sure specs are in doc format.

Should the source files for the images to be stored in repository?

Toby: Yes, that would be good.

AI: spec authors: Upload source files for all images to repository.

AI: Ram: to look into copyright notice issues.

AI: Ram: verify you can have ‘_’ character in file names and investigate how best to delimit this.

AI: Ram: file issue to use OASIS namespace.

Gottfried: Docid includes underscore, which is hard to read.

We are now adjourned for the day.