Subject: Re: Prelim Minutes of 9/6/ teleconf

this time they are attached

Tom Rutt wrote:

Title: Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference 6/07/2007

Prelim Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference

Sept  6, 2007

Start Time:4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Pqul acted as chair.

Textual Conventions

Ø  Action Item

Motion

§    Resolution

1         Roll Call

From Kavi:

meeting is quorate (23 of 32 voting members present.

Tom Rutt agreed to take minutes.

2         Agenda Approval

Agenda

1) Roll Call

2) Review and approval of the agenda

3) Approval of the Jul 12, 2007 meeting minutes

4) AI Review http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

5) Specification Nits

6) Conf-call schedule / sponsorship

7) Any other business

Sanjay: there were just a few new issues posted to the list.

Agreed to Add agenda after 5 for new issues.

3         Approval of the 6/12 Minutes;

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/25190/WSrxTeleconf-71207.htm

Tom moved to approve 6/12 minutes, Doug D seconded.

§    No objections, minutes of 6/12 approved.

#0132: Sanjay to update the public home page to add links to the documents out for standard vote

Owner: Sanjay Patil

Assigned: 2007-05-17

Due: ---

Closed

5         Specification Nits

Doug D: I have a set of editorial nits, we can include in v.next.

Sanjay: Doug D should combine editorial nits into one list for the email list.

Action: Doug D to post editorial issue with nits he found.

6         New Issues

6.1      Wsa metadata namespace

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200709/msg00004.html

Title: Update the namespace for ws-addressing metadata spec to use the

W3C REC NS

WS-Addressing metadata spec is now a W3C REC; MC and WSRMP specs point

to an older NS

Target: policy, mc

Proposal:

In both WSRMP and MC spec:

Change the wsam NS binding from

http://www.w3.org/2007/02/addressing/metadata to

http://www.w3.org/2007/05/addressing/metadata

in Table 1 as well as all the examples.

-Anish

--

Anish: the Rec for wsrm metadata  is now a rec.  The namespace used is different than the examples and tables of our spec.

Peter: Is changing the namespace binding enough.

Sanjay: can Anish submit a detailed proposal.

Action: Anish to submit a detailed proposal on new issue.

Agreed to add as new issue.

Doug B: will this break the protocol.

Sanjay: we can include errata changes.

Anish: the WSAM namespace prefix is only used in example sections, there is no normative mention anywhere.

Marc G: I can accept as issue, to defer on the acceptance.

Sanjay: we can discuss this issue on email.

Tom: what about the V.next work to include non compatable changes.

Sanjay: V.next was to be an errata which could include the namespace changes due to REC.

Anish: I saw this as an errata.

Marc G: I will start with this as an issue with errata status.  We can decide to change it later if required.

Paul C: The RM spec on line 359 is the only example with wsp namespace URI.

Anish: I am only talking about the addressing now.  This is only used in examples in wsrmp and make connection spec.

Agreed to raise new errata issue.

6.2      WS-Policy References

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200709/msg00003.html

Title: Update references to WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment to point

to W3C RECs

WSRM, WSRMP and MC specs point to WS-Policy/Attachment version 1.2 & W3C

CR specs and not the W3C Recommendations (version 1.5).

Justification:

Per the charter clarification ballot [1] which passed, the TC agreed to

update the deliverable section in the charter to:

"... Ratification of the above specifications as OASIS standards.

Following this, ratification of updated specifications as revised OASIS

standards to address any errata to fix errors and to replace policy

references to the WS-Policy W3C Recommendation as soon as that

Recommendation is available will mark the end of the TC's lifecycle."

Target: core, policy, mc

Proposal:

Per the ballot text:

1) replace the specs pointed to by [WS-Policy] with the one at

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-ws-policy-20070904/ in WSRM, WSRMP and MC

specification:

"[WS-Policy] W3C Recommendation "Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework", 4

Sept, 2007."

2) replace the specs pointed to by [WS-PolicyAttachment] with the one at

http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-ws-policy-attach-20070904/

"[WS-PolicyAttachment] W3C Recommendation "Web Services Policy 1.5 -

Attachment", 4 Sept, 2007."

3) In WSRM and MC spec:

In Table 1 add a new row:

| wsp | http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy | WS-Policy 1.5 |

Remove the following text in section 1.4:

"The assertions defined within this specification have been designed to

work independently of a specific version of WS-Policy. At the time of

the publication of this specification the versions of WS-Policy known to

correctly compose with this specification are WS-Policy 1.2 and 1.5.

Within this specification the use of the namespace prefix wsp refers

generically to the WS-Policy namespace, not a specific version."

-Anish

--

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/ballot.php?id=1302

Anish: this issue details the changes required to update reference to new WS-Policy spec.

Marc G: is this intended to be errata issue.

Anish: this probably a new issue, since we agreed to put the ws-policy reference change in a new version of the spec.  It is pointers in non normative refs sections, and in section 1.4.  This has namespace binding table and has conventions.

Marc G: I will log this as a regular issue.

Agreed to add as new issue.

7         Conf-call schedule / sponsorship

Next call scheduled for Oct 4.

Marc G: I can provide a bridge for that call.

8         Any other business

Mothon to adjourn by Marc G, seconded by Bob F

Meeting adjourned at  4:30 PM EDT.