Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Use-Case and Proposed Solution for i010 (long)

[PM] Yes, thats reasonable. That was the main concern here. I do think
that some additional language is needed in section 9.1. How about adding
something like the following after 1718:

The requestor MAY provide proof of possession of the key associated with
the OnBehalfOf identity by including a signature in the RST security
header. Additional signed supporting tokens describing the OnBehalfOf
context MAY also be included within the RST security header.
[\PM]

I would modify the proposed text slightly:

The requestor MAY provide proof of possession of the key associated with
the OnBehalfOf identity by including a signature in the RST security
header generated using the OnBehalfOf token that signs the primary
signature of the RST (i.e. endorsing supporting token concept from
WS-SecurityPolicy). Additional signed supporting tokens describing the
OnBehalfOf context MAY also be included within the RST security header.

How does this sound to you?

[PM]
<snip>

It is a separate issue how the STS or any consumer is going to resolve
all of these identities and make its judgements.
But that problem isnt peculiar to the use-case; its a general problem
with the WSS 1.x specifications.
[\PM]

Yes I agree that this is out of scope of WS-SX and WS-Trust in
particular.

It seems to me that we are both in agreement that your scenario can be
done without changing the semantics of OnBehalfOf element, right?

Are you OK to change issue 10 to add the proposed text into section 9.1
after line 1718 and be done with it?

Thanks,
--Jan