ws-tx-comment message

Subject: Re: [ws-tx-comment] Erratum in WS-Coordination Spec

Hi Danushka,
Thanks for your comment.

I believe the figure is correct as it stands - steps 4 and 5 show in principle how a received CoordinationContext at App2 can result in the registration of a transaction participant associated with App2 with the transaction coordinator associated with App 1. The end result of the registration of Yb is a response that contains Ya. This is clear from the text that describes Figure 2; the notation "Returning Ya" on the arrow for step 4 in the figure is really the result of both steps 4 and 5. The figure is simply an illustration of one possible implementation in which step 4 calls step 5 and returns its result. In practise, the WS-Coordination specification precisely defines the interoperable protocol illustrated in step 5 whereas step 4 in the figure simply illustrates one mechanism by which this can be caused to occur.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
WS-Tx co-chair

Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka@wso2.com>

27/08/2008 08:05

ws-tx-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[ws-tx-comment] Erratum in WS-Coordination Spec

Hi,
   I found this in Web Services Coordination (WS-Coordination) Version
1.1 which was released on 12 July 2007. According to my understanding,
there is an issue like this.
   In Figure 2 (i.e. Two applications with their own coordinators), the
step number 4 says, "Register Passing Y and App2 Returning Ya". Here I
think it should be "Register Passing Y and App2 Returning Yb". In other
words, App2 receiver the EPR of Yb but not that of Ya.
   Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,

Danushka

--
Danushka Menikkumbura
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc.

blog : http://danushka-menikkumbura.blogspot.com/

http://wso2.com/ - The Open Source SOA Company

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Web Services Transaction (WS-TX) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: ws-tx-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org