Subject: Issue 1 - WS-BA - description of Status is incorrect

Title: Message
This is hereby deemed WS-Tx Issue 1 and will appear in the list with that number.

TC Members - please follow up to this message, or make sure the subject line includes "Issue 1", rather than Andrew's NEW Issue message. This will make it easier to link the messages in the archive.

Andy: rather than go round again with another full NEW Issue message with the pdf line number etc., could I contradict Colleen's message and suggest you just add the extra information to this thread. We will inevitably have to do some special-casing on the first few messages.

Peter
(assistant issue coordinator)
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Wilkinson3 [mailto:awilkinson@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: 05 December 2005 17:05
To: ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: coevans
Subject: [ws-tx] NEW Issue: WS-BA - description of Status is incorrect

Target document and draft: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15726/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-wd-01.pdf
Protocol: BA
Artifact:  spec
Draft: working draft 1
Section and line number: 3.1 BusinessAgreementWithParticipantCompletionProtocol lines 213-215 inclusive
Issue type: editorial
Related issues: none

Issue description:

The description of Status is incorrect. The spec currently describes the receipt of the Status message as causing the target service to return a QName. My interpretation of the spec is that, in fact, nothing is returned when a Status message is received - it is a response to a getStatus message, i.e. Status is to getStatus what Closed is to Closing.

Issue details:

n/a

Proposed resolution:

The text on lines 213-215 to be replaced to accurately describe Status. I propose: "Received in response to a getStatus request. The message includes a QName indicating the state of the Coordinator or Participant to which the request was sent."

Regards,

Andy Wilkinson
IBM