Subject: NEW Issue: WS-BA - description of Status is incorrect

Target document and draft: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15726/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-wd-01.pdf
Protocol: BA
Artifact:  spec
Draft: working draft 1
Section and line number: 3.1 BusinessAgreementWithParticipantCompletionProtocol lines 213-215 inclusive
Issue type: editorial
Related issues: none

Issue description:

The description of Status is incorrect. The spec currently describes the receipt of the Status message as causing the target service to return a QName. My interpretation of the spec is that, in fact, nothing is returned when a Status message is received - it is a response to a getStatus message, i.e. Status is to getStatus what Closed is to Closing.

Issue details:

n/a

Proposed resolution:

The text on lines 213-215 to be replaced to accurately describe Status. I propose: "Received in response to a getStatus request. The message includes a QName indicating the state of the Coordinator or Participant to which the request was sent."

Regards,

Andy Wilkinson
IBM