Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 007 - WS-C: Make Register/RegisterResponse retriable

Kevin,

Sorry to slope sideways into a very active thread, but I just wanted to
pick up one point, as I try to catch up :-) . Apologies if this repeats
a point made later.

You said:

"The current mechanism has the registration service generate an
identifier for the participant which is only understood within the
domain of the registration service and its associated protocol handling.

"The current suggestion would require an identifier to be generated by
one domain (the participant) and trusted by a second (the registration
service).  This would require a globally unique identifier to be created.

"If a participant failed to generate a globally unique identifier then
the registration service would have no way to know if the registration
it was seeing was a conflicting identifier or not, at least not with
this message exchange."

I agree, and I believe that a URI or IRI has the useful property of
being a globally unique identifier. This seems like a non-problem. Cf.
Use of URI for /CoordinationContext/Identifier.

Alastair