Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 007 - WS-C: Make Register/RegisterResponse retriable

Alastair Green wrote:
> Which begs the anterior question: why have two MEPs at all? See that issue.
>
> Not clear what the virtue is. Why are we struggling to maintain
> request-reply MEP for R/RR? It is exactly the same kind of retriable
> exchange as Prepare/Prepared etc.

With the addition of the participant identifier then this becomes
possible :-)

> I think there is an appetite to make WS-A do more than it was designed for.

I think you misunderstand the suggestion.  It would be the transport
layer (below SOAP/WS-A) which would do the work and not WS-A.

Please note that I am not adverse to the other suggestions, in fact I am
supportive of the particpant identifier (and change in the R/RR MEP)
provided we handle conflicts :-)

	Kev