Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Re: Groups - New Action Item #0057 Review use of RFC 2119keywords ...

Andrew Wilkinson3 wrote:
> Hi Monica,
>
> In my opinion both specs are right in what they state. WS-C is rightly
> being as non-prescriptive as possible as to the location of a
> CoordinationContext in a SOAP message thereby allowing extending specs
> freedom to place the CoordinationContext where they choose. Both AT and BA
> have then chosen to constrain this to the SOAP header making it easier to
> produce an interoperable implementation as we only need to look in one
> place for the CoordinationContext, i.e. the SOAP header.
>
> I agree that there should be consistency between the AT and BA specs in
> this regard (which we currently have) and if this restriction is indeed
> the intention of the two specs then it would probably be appropriate to
> highlight the point more prominently, e.g. section 2, rather than it only
> being mentioned as part of the discussion of policy assertions.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Andy,

I just wanted to be completely explicit with our concern.

   * WS-AT and WS-BA Section 4.2:

       "The transaction MUST be represented as a SOAP header in
       CoordinationContext format, as defined in WS-Coordination
[WSCOOR]."

There are two constraints is the above statement.  The above wording is
ambiguous
on what is defined in WS-Coordination.

Unambiguous breakdown of constraints:
1. The transaction MUST be represented as a CoordinationContext format,
as defined in [WSCOOR]
2. The CoordinationContext format MUST be propagated as a SOAP header.
(New constraint imposed by AT and BA, not defined in [WSCOOR]

-Joe