Subject: Re: [ws-tx] NEW Issue (Errata): Update WS-Policy reference description

Monica,
The TC has committed (through charter clarification) to issue an updated version of the TX specs with normative references to WS-Policy 1.5 once the latter becomes a REC. The TX 1.1 specs refers to WS-Policy 1.2. I believe Ram's issue is simply to clarify that the TX 1.1 reference is specifically to WS-Policy 1.2 rather than the earlier Sep 2004 draft of WS-Policy (somethines referred to as WS-Policy 1.1) which is also referenced by the RDDL document at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy/.

Regards,
Ian Robinson

"Monica J. Martin" <Monica.Martin@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Monica.Martin@Sun.COM

25/04/2007 23:17

Martin Chapman <martin.chapman@oracle.com>
cc
"'Ram Jeyaraman'" <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>, ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-tx] NEW Issue (Errata): Update WS-Policy reference description

>Martin Chapman wrote: Monica,
>I support the suggestion from Ram to update to 1.2 since this is just correcting a reference, with no
>implication to update to the "latest version".
>
>Martin.

mm1: It is the same implication on your latter point Martin - the
reference can be corrected as I stated and not impact "update to latest
version." In addition the suggestion I made is a specification that is
in the W3C rather than to xmlschema.....For what reason would you not
update to the W3C version if the latter condition stayed constant? Thanks.

Unless stated otherwise above:

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature