Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 63 - Support of Array

Maciej,

And IMHO that is good!  You simply cannot just keep building out
everything.

Else you end up with a large 4GL instead of a BPEL.

This is another of those - if you want to do Purchase Order line
items processing - then call a Transaction Processing tool -
there are TONS of these on the market - so why are we trying
to re-invent one?

Makes no sense.  And worse - if you embed the transaction
processing logic in BPEL - you have created a maintenance
nightmare and re-use in DOA.

Minor details ; -)

Go ahead - add arrays to the language - you are the ones
maintaining this stuff not me...

DW.
Message text written by "Maciej Szefler"

I'm getting a whiff of some major contempt for this idea of the array.
Although I'm not sure that arrays are "evil", the real culprit here may be
BPEL's inadequate support for repetition (whether it be over arrays of
types or over complex types with multiple occurances).
-maciej
<