Subject: Fw: Agenda for April 14 TC call - update

When I sent the agenda, I forgot to include discussion of issue 34 and related issues 15, 71, 86, 87.  These were not completely covered at the face to face due to time constraints.

Here are action items I recorded at face to face meeting:
-Issue 75: Yaron to start email on how to handle
-Issue 83: Yaron will flesh out a proposal with Alex and Bernd and circulate by email
-Issue 94:  Alex will make a proposal for  resolution
-Issue 108: Dieter R. will send a proposal to vote working with Yaron
-Issue 101:  Danny will send a proposal for resolution
-Issue 11: Martin will provide an alternative proposal.  At next TC call we will review Danny’s proposal, Martin’s and pro/con of leaving as is and then do Kavi vote.  Results of straw poll: Danny’s proposal: 10 no, 9 yes.  Leave as is: 17 yes.  Unhappy with assign as it is today 8
-Issue 100: will be included in Martin’s alternative
-Issue 53-59:  Satish to open issue to replace content of appendix c
-Issue 90: Diane to ask Kristopher for proposal to vote for consideration at next call.
-Issue 103: needs to be solved before 102.  Alex will provide proposal to vote.
-Issue 4:  Ivana will continue to work on proposal.  Proposal for 103 will effect this – it will be worked in parallel
-Issues to be voted at next TC call with recommendation from f2f:
.Issue 25: remove instance compensation handlers and the enableInstanceCompensation attribute.  General consensus
.Issue 30, 53-59: Choreology proposal strawpoll 27 yes, 1 no
.Issue  48: close with no action.  16 yes, 2 no, 2 abstain
.Issue 33: accept Bernd’s proposal to resolve by clarifying the wording in the spec.  He will send an updated version for the formal vote.   24 yes (unanimous among attendees), 1 abstention due to phone line noise
.Issue 37:  Accept part one as proposed by Yuzo 13 yes, 0 no.  (I seem to have missed the action for the rest of 37 - Yuzo can probably provide this)
-Investigate how to vote in non-quorate face to face meetings possibly using kavi or formally recording results and doing “delta” vote at next call.
Let us know if any are missing/incorrect.  John and I are working on consolidating the minutes - apologies for the delay which is due to my vacation, not the scribes.

Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

----- Forwarded by Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM on 04/12/2004 11:10 PM -----
Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM

04/12/2004 01:22 AM

ws bpel tc <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Agenda for April 14 TC call

The next call of the WS BPEL TC will be on Wed. April 14 at 8 am Pacific.   Dial in info is: USA Toll Free Number: 888-711-4576 USA Toll Number: +1-484-630-9377,  LEADER: MS DIANE JORDAN PASSCODE: WS BPEL TECHNICAL COMMITTEE.   The passcode and the leader's name will be required to join the call.   Here is the proposed agenda:

- Roll call/determine quorum
- Review/accept minutes from  Mar. 3, Mar. 17 conference calls and Mar. 31 -  Apr. 1 face to face meeting.
- Nomination/volunteers to take minutes for this call.

- Review agenda
- Discussion of face to face meeting results.
- Liaison subgroup report .
- Use case subgroup report .
- Requirements and Issues Coordination subgroup report.
- Specification Editing subgroup report.
- Implementation subgroup report.

- Issue discussion

At the face to face, a number of issues were discussed.  As there was no quorum, we were unable to finalize resolutions but held straw polls.  It was requested that they be brought to vote at the next quorate call with the recommendation that the results of the face to face be accepted.  The following are the issues/polls:
–        Issue 25: remove instance compensation handlers and the enableInstanceCompensation attribute.  General consensus
–        Issue 30, 53-59: Accept Choreology proposal:  strawpoll 27 yes, 1 no
–        Issue  48: close with no action.  16 yes, 2 no, 2 abstain
–        Issue 33: accept Bernd’s proposal to resolve by clarifying the wording in the spec.  He will send an updated version for the formal vote.   24 yes (unanimous among attendees), 1 abstention due to phone line noise
-              Issue 37:  Accept part one as proposed by Yuzo 13 yes, 0 no.
Issues 91, 97, 99 with proposals to vote, and the related issues107, 82 and 109 were not discussed at the face to face due to time constraints.
Issue 94 has a proposal to vote which came out of the discussion at the face to face.
- New business

Regards,
Diane  and John