Subject: [OMod] suggested agenda for the next call (Heather leads the call)

Title: [OMod] call this week moved to Fri, Oct 17th, 3-4pm EST

I suggest that the discussion takes place and some conclusions are made on the following issues.

ISSUE 1: identifying one atomic manageability capability which we can model with props/ops/events/metadata, can we just stick to slide 17?
In other words: do we lump all operations/props/events into one UML piece (class) or do we split classes as indicated on slide 17.

ISSUE 2: manageability of a web service: inferred from manageable endpoints or do we need to define manageable service separately
The former means that an endpoint's manageability information is sufficient to infer manageability of a service. The manager can do it and may represent the manageable service which we may define later, but not now. The later means that we define manageable service as a separate concept and associate manageability capabilities and information with it and not with an endpoint.

ISSUE 3: aggregation of manageability to the endpoint level is a responsibility of the provider of manageability (need text for the concepts section)
This is clear, but needs an action item on someone to provide the text.

ISSUE 4 (by BrianC): concepts of versioning have to be applied to the MOWS Concepts diagram
Igor: yes, but may be as details of the concepts diagram: pick elements that are necessary to express the versioning/revision concepts and draw a diagram complimentary to the main diagram
ACTION: BrianC to provide a versioning concepts diagram

ISSUE 5: using http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsdm/200310/msg00067.html UML approach
ACTION: BrianC to attempt to express ManageableEndpointState UML information model linked directly to the web service endpoint state diagrams designed by the W3C Arch MTF.

ISSUE 6: There is a need for another diagram to display the "locus of implementation" concepts.
Essentially the diagram to depict relationships between manageable endpoint in MOWS Concepts and manageability endpoint in MUWS.
ACTION: Igor to provide "locus of implementation" concepts diagram for MOWS.

ISSUE 7: another diagram that shows relationships of MUWS and MOWS concepts (possibly aggregation/composition of manageability capabilities).

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)