wsn message

Subject: Process for Issues

Hi William, Peter,

During the F2F, we discussed a couple of times the process for managing issues, specifically what the different states for the issues can be. We currently lack a capability for our editors to search the Issues Document for issues with a consensus on resolution and for which updates to the specs are still pending.

On the second day, you had also mentioned about some offline discussion between the chairs of WSN and WSRF TCs to synch up the issues process. I was wondering if this offline meeting has taken place and what the outcome was.

Meanwhile, I was thinking of updating the issues document using the following states for issues. Please let me know if this sounds reasonable or if I should wait until further discussion ...

1> Open -- after issue is submitted by a TC member and agreed by the TC
2> Resolved with Pending Action -- after the TC agrees for a resolution
3> Resolved with No Pending Action -- after editors have updated the specs or any other necessary action has taken place
4> Closed -- after a public draft is voted by the TC

Thanks,
Sanjay