wsn message

Subject: Proposed text for WSN2.2 substitutes

Title: Message

During the London F2F, I took an action item for proposing text for the three issues that would substitute the issue WSN2.2 (dependency on WSRF). Please review.

Thanks,
Sanjay

WSN2.23: Is Subscription a WS Resource?

Consequences of modeling Subscription as a WS Resource include -

a>    Additional Subscription Manager interface, separate  from Notification Producer

b>    Control messages (pause/resume a subscription) are addressed to Subscription Manager and reference to the actual subscription is implied.

Issue: Is this the right model? It is an architectural issue.

Specifications
Proposed Recommendations
Notes

This is the first out of the three issues substituting issue WSN2.2

Contact:

David Hull

Cross Reference:

Previous issue: WSN2.2

WSN2.24: Use of term -- Implied Resource Pattern

In several places in the specifications, references are made to IRP and how its use is mandated.

Issue: The precise semantics of IRP is unclear and currently being worked on by WS-RF.

Specifications
Proposed Recommendations

WSN specifications to be updated based on the IRP revision under WSRF.

Notes

This is the second out of the three issues substituting issue WSN2.2

Contact:

David Hull

Cross Reference:

Previous issue: WSN2.2

WSN2.25: Indirection via WSRP and WSRL

Instead of bespoke methods with explicit semantics, we utilize WSRP and WSRL mechanisms to the same effect. For example, instead of a method getTopic(), we say get resource property named topic. Another example is termination of a subscription.

Indirection via WSRP and WSRL puts the burden on the specification to  not just specify the allowed operations but also clearly spell out the operations that are prohibited.

Specifications
Proposed Recommendations
Notes

This is the third out of the three issues substituting issue WSN2.2

Contact:

David Hull

Cross Reference:

Previous issue: WSN2.2