wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] [WSN5.2]Documenting pseudo schema language

Is there any chance of some entity documenting a standard form for this, a la EBNF?

Steve Graham wrote:

I move that we resolve this issue by adopting the text similar to that used in WSDL 2.0 (part 1) [1]:

Pseudo-schemas are provided for each component, before the description of the component. They use BNF-style conventions for attributes and elements: `?' denotes optionality (i.e. zero or one occurrences), `*' denotes zero or more occurrences, `+' one or more occurrences, `[' and `]' are used to form groups, `|' represents choice. Attributes are conventionally assigned a value which corresponds to their type, as defined in the normative schema.
<!-- sample pseudo-schema -->
<defined_element
     required_attribute_of_type_string="xs:string"
     optional_attribute_of_type_int="xs:int"? >
 <required_element />
 <optional_element />?
 <one_or_more_of_these_elements />+
 [ <choice_1 /> | <choice_2 /> ]*