wsn message

Subject: Faults for Subscribe and GetCurrentMessage

While I believe that the current revision of the BaseN doc contains the right number of faults for these two operations, I wanted to be a bit more clear about what those faults mean.  Leaving aside the exact spellings, I believe the error conditions are these:

Common:
  • The request topic (filter) dialect is not supported.
  • The request topic (filter) dialect is supported, but the topic expression itself is malformed.
  • The requested topic (filter) expression is valid, but the NP does not handle the topic or all of the topics specified.
  • The request was entirely valid, but some external event prevented the operation (e.g., transport failure, resource exhaustion).  The underlying cause should be the wsbf:FaultCause.
Subscribe only (actually, these are not reflected in the document):
  • The NP refuses to send to the given endpoint.
  • The SubscriptionPolicy is invalid.  This should further detail what parts were invalid and for what reasons, via FaultCause elements.
GetCurrentMessage only:
  • The request topic (filter) is valid, but designates more than one topic.
We should probably document these in a bit more detail, and possibly review the error code names to see if they can be a bit more consistent (e.g.maybe UnsupportedTopicDialect, InvalidTopicSyntax, UnsupportedTopicExpression, etc.)