wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] Proposed Issue Text: Should UseNotify be a policy utterance?

After a reread I think my -1 was not clearly expressed.  If we continue to
specify default behavior,
wrt the Notify message, in the absence of 'UseNotify' then I think this
would be an appropriate
factorization.  I believe that moving a flag for 'raw' message to the
policy section
(perhaps 'DoNotUseNotify') would be ok, the implication being that default
behavior is
normatively described.

Tom

Tom Maguire/Hawthorne/IBM@IBMUS wrote on 04/14/2005 05:16:18 PM:

> -1
>
> One of the premises of the WS-N set of specifications is to provide a set
> of protocols and wire formats for Web Services.  Removing the default of
> 'true' for the UseNotify flag and relegating it to a policy utterance
seems
> contrary to the aforementioned premise.
>
> Tom
>
> Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
> there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
>

> T o m   M a g u i r e
>

> STSM, On Demand Architecture
>

> Poughkeepsie, NY  12601
>

>              David Hull