wsn message

Subject: 4.4 and 4.28 issues verification

Hi all,

I went through the issue verifications assigned to me. See the results
below. Only a few comments.

Thanks a lot Peter for the careful editorial work, especially taking
care of 4.4 which was pretty tricky to do properly.

William

Issue 4.4:

VERIFIED. The agreed-on change is well reflected in the document. I just
have 2 comments:

1) The description for the /wstop:Topic/@parent attribute should point
to section 6.1 for more info on what "extension" means here (at first
read I didn't realized there is an additional description and I was
puzzled).

2) I am a bit puzzled by this new paragraph in section 7:
"If a Topic is defined as an extension of another Topic, or a child of
such an extension Topic, then it is represented by multiple elements in
the TopicSet document, corresponding to the multiple paths that can be
used to access it. There are always at least two such paths. One path
starts with the extension Topic itself, so the extension Topic appears
as a top-level child of TopicSet, the other starts with the root Topic
that contains its parent Topic. There may be further paths if the parent
itself is an extension Topic or a child of an extension Topic."
This seems to imply that in order to include an extension topic in a
topic set you MUST include it using all the paths that work for it. It
seems to me that it should be enough to include it once.

Issue 4.28: see subsections below.

1.  Section 2: third bullet under the definition of Topic (as well as
line 719) refers to "Situation".  Should make it clear that Situation
(the capitalized, technical term) is defined byt he WS-BaseNotification
specification.

VERIFIED (that sentence has a minor typo, "WSNotification" instead of
"WS-Notification".

2.  Line 231: TopicExpression dialects are now defined in section 8 (the
1.3c draft says "section 7").

VERIFIED

3.  The wstop:TopicNamespace/@location attribute is shown in the
pseudo-schema at the beginning of section 5, but is not documented in
the the text (see p. 12) and does not appear in the Schema.

VERIFIED

4.  Line 353 (pseudo-schema at the start of section 6) shows the value
of the MessagePattern element as wsrp:QueryExpression.  It should be
wsnt:QueryExpression (see WSN 4.26) to match the schema.

NOT VERIFIED: the current version does not have a namespace prefix, so
it implies a prefix of wstop, instead of wsnt.

5.  Line 368 (definition of Topic) talks about a @namespace attribute
which isn't defined anywhere, It looks as though this should be a
reference to TopicNamespace/@targetNamespace.

VERIFIED

6.  The title of section 8 (TopicExpressions) defines some
TopicExpression Dialects, but not the TopicExpression element itself. It
would be better to change the title of the section to "TopicExpression
Dialects".

VERIFIED

7. The spec doesn't contain enough text to allow someone to appreciate
the rationale for having both TopicSet documents and TopicExpression
lists

NOT VERIFIED: I didn't find such additional text, only a pointer to
WS-BaseN for definitions of some terms, which is not what is requested
here. On the other hand, I am not sure that we really need such
additional explanation.