Subject: Re: [wsrf] Call in # is not working

At 09:29 AM 6/14/2004, Junaid Saiyed wrote:
>I was able to call in from a land line. Don't know why it doesn't like
>cell phones ?

It's because the "real" number hiding behind the 877 is a UK number. Some
cell providers (I'm using ATT Wireless) don't seem to be very happy about
that for some reason I don't pretend to understand. (What difference does
it make to the switch/bridge at the end of the 877 number, as long as I pay
for airtime to it?) Don't ask me why the error message is about calling
from a pay phone. Maybe it's a bug (or a feature disguised as a bug? :-)

The real # which I got the operator to give me and had to dial directly is:
    +44 20 70 19 08 20
If you don't have a dial around provider this could be quite expensive at
typical international cell phone rates from the US.

cheers,
   jeff

>Junaid
>
>Frank Siebenlist wrote:
>
>>"We're sorry, you're call can not be completed from a pay-phone at this
>>time."
>>
>>(I'm using a cell phone...)
>>
>>-Frank.
>>

>>Junaid Saiyed wrote:
>>
>>>Pls let me know the right one.
>>>
>>>877-951-7317
>>>15141
>>>
>>>-Junaid

Jeff Mischkinsky                      jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Consulting Member Technical Staff     +1(650)506-1975
Director, Web Services Standards      500 Oracle Parkway M/S 4OP9
Oracle Corporation                    Redwood Shores, CA 94065