Subject: RE: [wsrf] Singleton Resource Pattern - meaning of "implied"

Savas,

The rationale for the 'implied' term is in the "Modelling Stateful
Resources with Web Service" paper (see
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/6795/ws-modelingresources.pdf
 )

"The term implied is used because the stateful resource associated with a
given message exchange is treated as implicit execution context for the
message request. By implicit, we mean to say that the requestor does not
provide the identity of the resource as an explicit parameter in the body
of the request message. Instead, the context used to designate the implied
stateful resource is encapsulated in the WS-Addressing endpoint reference
used to address the target Web service at its endpoint."

Regards, Tim Banks
IBM TP Architecture & Technology. Hursley, UK.
Phone: External +44 1962 815639, Internal 245639

"Savas Parastatidis" <Savas.Parastatidis@newcastle.ac.uk> wrote on
12/07/2004 17:00:02:

> Hey Steve,
>
> Please excuse my non-understanding of the terms that you use but I
> wonder why “implied” is used. There is nothing implied about the
> existence of a resource and the fact that it becomes the logical
> recipient of the messages.

<snip>