Subject: Fw: Minutes of the TC teleconference held on Monday 12th July

The minutes of the TC teleconference held on Monday 12th July are stored
at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/7723 and
attached to this note.

Regards, Tim Banks
IBM TP Architecture & Technology. Hursley, UK.
Phone: External +44 1962 815639, Internal 245639

(See attached file: WSRF TC [12July04] notes[1].htm)
Title: WSRF TC notes

Notes from the OASIS WSRF TC Teleconference
July 12th 2004

Roll call

The roll call is kept on the TC web site under the meeting record.

See http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/event.php?event_id=4798

Approval of minutes from previous meeting

See: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/7501/

There were no comments on the minutes and no objections to approving them.

Other Action Review

 (Chairs)          Continue to investigate conference call access numbers for US participants. Done.

(IanR)             Review resolution of 'Simple WSDL/Schema changes' issue (see last page of issues document). Done.

(Bryan)           Move issues 49, 50, 51, 52 and 53 to 'Open' status, and incorporate Ian's proposal into issue 51. Done.

(Bryan)           Move issues 15, 16 and 23 to 'Resolved'.
15, Done. 16 still open -> Action.  23 Can now be closed.

 (?any?)           Verify the resolution of issue 23 (ie doc is unchanged).

(DaveS/William) Gather input from WSDM on requirements re issue 21 (need for

boxcar 'Set' operation). See below

 (Chairs)          Continue discussion of Issues 21, 9, 48. See below.

Acceptance of New Issues

(Ian) New issue is needed for the first part of William’s memo, as suggested in Ian’s note:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrf/200407/msg00003.html

Action: Bryan

Discuss agenda for face-to-face meeting

(Ian) Proposed agenda, Day 1, Issues discussion, Day2 less structured, for example including WSDM use cases. Is William prepared?

(William) Yes, how long?

(ian) 2 hours, or more.

(William) Ok.

(Ian) Also, update of WS-N situation, and use cases from WS-remote Portlets use cases, leaving PM of day 2 for more issues. Are there suggestions for other business?

(Latha) We should organize priorities for the future, including implementations for interop.

(Ian) Yes.

(SteveG) What about a discussion of Singleton Resource?

(DaveS) We might come across that in the Issues discussions. Also if we find a significant issue discussion on day 1, we should postpone that to day 2. Also need to improve telephone access. Propose to hold a ‘summary’ session (minutes/issue updates) around 5pm BST for the convenience of callers in US (who would otherwise need to dial in at 4am EDT to catch the whole day). Listeners would qualifier as meeting attendees. We could also have phone access for those that want it if they ask via email during the day.

(Ian) What about logistics?

(Dave) We will put info on the web site/mailing list. NB there is no convenient public transport.

(?) Are car rentals a good idea?

(DaveS) Your choice.

(Jem) Parking is as expensive as taxis!

(DaveS) There are 19 people registered to come to the f2f

(Ian) What about the quorum? We need 20 members.

(daveS) Need to take care of non-voting members.

(Ian) Please register in the ballot. Chairs will decide by tomorrow if the meeting goes ahead.

Issue review

Issue 34:

(Ian) This is still open, can it be closed, since the charter has been updated?

No Objections.

(DaveS) The charter has been changed, so it can be closed.

Action: Bryan

Issue 21: Factoring of SetResourceProperties

(DaveS) The feeling from the WSDM call is that this something they wanted. It is useful for sending one big message to configure a resource. Not much discussion about the advantages of simple interfaces. The use case has not been written down yet.

(Ian) The proposal was to add simple interfaces in addition to existing boxcar. Are there any objections to adding the operations?

(No objections)

(Ian) Then a proposal for the details is needed.

(Sam) One of them should be optional

(SteveG) They are all optional, but should they be in separate portTypes.

(Ian) Is that the recommendation?

(DaveS) The three simple ops should be one portType

(Igor) We need three portTypes: one for one for update, one for insert/delete (so that these two portType are alternatives, the former being a subset of the latter), one for box-car.

(SteveG) Don’t understand the need for three, but I volunteer to draft the ops for discussion on the mailing list.

(Savas) It might be useful to be granular so that the user can see from the WSDL which operations are valid.

(DaveS) The read/writability is a per-property attribute.

Action: SteveG

(DaveS) NB We also need semantics for cases where maxoccurs is exceeded.  I can help with that.

Issue 9: API to list properties

Follow-up email discussion from Steve G:

http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrf/200406/msg00070.html

Postponed to Face-to-face meeting.

Issue 48: Nillable properties

Discuss proposal from Sam M.

http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrf/200406/msg00049.html + Threads

(Sam) The email discussion was about xml semantics. There was no Disagreement.

Action Sam to propose resolution text on mailing list.

(Bryan) This issue is still listed as proposed – it should be Open.

Action: Bryan

Any Other Business

(Latha) Is there a call on 26th?

(Ian) Proposed that we cancel this call.

(No objections) Action: Ian

(Sam) There are some problems in the interim specs, advised via private emails, eg  – refs to WS-Addressing namespace.

(Ian) Agreed, we need to fix those.

(DaveS) And we need to publish errata to mailing list.

(Savas) We are chainging things that have been downloaded.

(Bryan) We aren’t chaining message formats – only getting the tooling to work.

Action Sam: publish a list of the errata to the list.

Meeting closed 13:00 EDT.

Summary of actions

(Bryan)             Move issue 16 to ‘resolved’, issues 23 & 34 to ‘closed’ & issue 48 to ‘open’

(Bryan)             Open new issue as a result of the requirement from WSDM: Ability to register for notification when any of the properties changes.

(SteveG)          Draft detailed proposal for new ops to resolve Issue 21: Factoring of SetResourceProperties. Publish to mailing list.

(SamM)           Propose resolution text for issue 48 (Nillable properties). Publish to mailing list.

(IanR)              Cancel phone call on July 26th

(SamM)           Publish a list of the errata on the published drafts to the mailing list.