Subject: Re: [wsrf] Some Thoughts on WSRF61: WS-RF Primer/App Note/Usage Notes

Alan, I think you have a pretty good initial set of items for
consideration. My comments:

Rather than "Definitions of various terms: WS Resource, Implied Resource
Pattern, Factory Pattern, etc (we can extract information from the two
whitepapers (The WS-Resource Framework and Modelling Stateful Resources
with Web Services)" we should use the material from the new normative spec
(that we kicked off at the last F2F). These definitions need to be part of
the normative specs.

For use cases, the WS-RP use-cases that Rich talked about are also valuable
(ie modelling portlets as WS-Resources)>

Regards,
Ian Robinson
ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com

             "Alan
             Weissberger"
             <ajwdct@technolog                                          To
             ist.com>                  wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc
             06/08/2004 20:09          dirceu@ccrl.sj.nec.com,
                                       tatemura@ccrl.sj.nec.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsrf] Some Thoughts on WSRF61:
                                       WS-RF Primer/App Note/Usage Notes

Following our f2f meeting of July 27-28, we decided it would be a good idea
to write a non normative document on how to use the WS-RF family of specs.
We were not sure what to call it: Primer/App Note/Usage Notes/ Best
Practices document. For now, I will refer to it as "App Note." Brian was
good enough to add this to the issues list as WSRF61 and I am responsible
for this issue.

While I volunteered to work on the document and believe it is quite
important, I am not funded for this activity.  Hence, the time I can spend
on it is somewhat limited.   The purpose of this mail is to stimulate
interest in the document and solicit others to work on it with me.

In my opinion we need to provide the following content in the App Note
document:

-Overview of the WS-RF specs: WS-RP, WS-RL, WS-BF, WS-SG, WS-Renewable