Subject: RE: [wsrf] WSRF WSDL problems with MS tooling

Title: RE: [wsrf] WSRF WSDL problems with MS tooling
Sure we need to rework schemas with <xs:imports>, I guess that is what I was saying too. The only funny thing is that in the WSDL one needs to intoduce a "dummy" schema declaration in order to import. One cannot import schemas of the same namespace.

.NET caches schemas and WSDLs when one adds Web Reference in VS.NET. Those can be easily fixed.
-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn S. Wasson [mailto:gsw2c@cs.virginia.edu]
Sent: Mon 11/1/2004 9:47 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S
Cc: wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org

Igor,

        So this is what we've been doing for a while now in our
implementation (inlining the schemas), but I don't think it is a great
solution. I'm not sure what you mean by ".NET would do it anyway", but
wsdl.exe doesn't have any mechanism for this type of caching. Currently,
we modify other implementation's service's WSDL to point to our version of
the specs WSDL. Seems non-ideal. Since it looks like the WS-I basic
profile says to use the import statement to import additional schema
documents, I think we should rework the specs as Steve suggests.

Glenn

---
Glenn Wasson
wasson@virginia.edu