Subject: RE: [wsrf] Issue 30 resolution text question

+1

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created
them.  —Albert Einstein
T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY  12601

             "Murray, Bryan
             P."
             <bryan.murray@hp.                                          To
             com>                      "Srinivasan, Latha"
                                       <latha.srinivasan@hp.com>, Tom
             11/09/2004 03:07          Maguire/Hawthorne/IBM@IBMUS,
             PM                        <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc
                                       <ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [wsrf] Issue 30 resolution text
                                       question

Since Tom and Latha are using different mappings to create the SOAPAction,
I would like to propose one that all specs use.

The SOAPAction URI is created by:
             <WSDL namespace> + '/' + <WSDL message name>

Latha would use:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/11/wsrf-WS-ResourceLifetime-1.2-draft-04.wsdl/Destroy

Tom would use:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrf/2004/11/wsrf-WS-ServiceGroup-1.2-draft-03.wsdl/Add

Using this method, the mapping is purely mechanical.

One more issue related to SOAPAction and wsa:Action is that wsa:Action has
a different value for every message. In order to address this issue, I
think we need to list 2 values for SOAPAction for every request-response
message exchange. I recommend that the WSDL message elements be named
the name of the WSDL operation. In order to assure the mechanical mapping
to SOAPAction, we should make sure to name our request messages <operation>
and our response messages <operation>Response.