Subject: Re: [wsrf] Should we collapse WSRF schema documents?

OK, I think its pretty loud and clear on the preference for 1 schema per
spec.

The proposed resolution to WSRF50 then remains as: create a schema and WSDL
associated with the WS-Resource spec for the definition of the
ResourceUnknown fault.  This is essentially the basis of the "common
definitions" file that Rich mentions.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
STSM, WebSphere Messaging and Transactions Architect
IBM Hursley Lab, UK
ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com

             Rich Thompson
             <richt2@us.ibm.co
                                       wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
             22/11/2004 13:19                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsrf] Should we collapse WSRF
                                       schema documents?

I agree with all of those who have pointed out the downsides of collapsing
all of the schemas into a single file, but would suggest that factoring out
common definitions into a core schema file which each of the spec-specific
schemas then imports would be helpful.

Rich

 Ian Robinson
 <ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com>

 11/18/2004 07:36 AM                        wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                            [wsrf] Should we collapse WSRF
                                            schema documents?

Related to issues 50 ("WSRF50: Faults common to multiple specs in one
namespace ") and 81 ("WSRF81: recommendation to change WSDL documents"), I
would like to suggest that we collapse the schema for RP, RL, SG and BF
into a single document that can be imported into each WSDL.

On the telecon this week, we resolved issue 50: "WSRF50: Faults common to
multiple specs in one namespace "
with a recommendation to move the definition of the ‘ResourceUnknown’ fault
from WSRF-RP to the WS-Resource spec. A new schema document, referenced
from the WS-Resource specification, would be needed to contain the type
definition of this fault. This fault may be returned by a WS-Resource
following any message exchange, not just those protocol messages defined in
the WSRF specs.

Rather than create a new schema document, we could consider refactoring our
existing ones by collapsing the RP, RL, SG and BF schema into a single WSRF
schema document.

Any opinions?

Ian