Subject: RE: [wsrf] [WSRF Issue 81] clarification

Hi Chris:
As a co-author on WS-I BP 1.1, could you provide some insight into R2002?

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

11/29/2004 03:22 PM

wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
RE: [wsrf] [WSRF Issue 81] clarification

The discussion in this area revolves around how to interpret the following statement from WS-I BP:

R2002 To import XML Schema Definitions, a DESCRIPTION MUST use the XML Schema "import" statement.

If the first "import" is interpreted to mean "reference external", then this statement requires the use of import rather than include.

If the first "import" is interpreted to mean the definition provided by XML Schema for the import statement, then it doesn't have that meaning but also becomes a meaningless statement.

Rich

"Murray, Bryan P." <bryan.murray@hp.com>

11/29/2004 03:03 PM

Steve Graham/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [wsrf] [WSRF Issue 81] clarification

I believe that the statement about WS-I was made at the October face-to-face although my memory is notoriously faulty. I searched through email and meeting minutes and did not find discussion of this point.

Unless someone can point out the requirement in WS-I BP, I suggest we remove that statement from the issue.

Bryan