Subject: Re: [wsrf] [WSRF Issue 81] clarification

WS-I BP 1.0/1.1 does *not* say that one should not use xsd:include.

The requirements in section 4.2.2 [1] are meant to prevent someone from
using xsd:import to import WSDL docs and using wsdl:import to import XSD
docs. It does not talk about xsd:include since there is nothing
equivalent to that in WSDL.

Essentially:
1) xsd:import and xsd:include follow the rules defined by XML Schema and
import/include schemas in the types section of WSDL. Such
xsd:import/xsd:include can occur only as a child of
wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xsd:schema
2) wsdl:import imports WSDL documents and *not* XSD docs and must occur
only as child element of wsdl:definitions

These requirement seem to be NOOP/obvious, but during the discussion in
WS-I BP WG, it was revealed that this was indeed a interop concern as
some folks used xsd:import/wsdl:import to do weird things -- hence their
inclusion.

HTH.

-Anish
--