Subject: Completed Primer ready for review

All,

The WSRF primer is now ready for complete review.   Please take a look
here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/15015/WSRF_Primer%5B7%5D.doc

There should  be an opportunity for feedback at the next teleconference
call (Oct 31st)

Here are a couple of questions which occured to me and which we might
discuss:

1) We seem to be indecisive about the requirement for
wsrf-rl:TerminationTime and wsrf-rl:CurrentTime in the properties for a
ServiceGroupEntry. The SG (Section 7.1) specs says that they SHOULD be
included, but doesn't have the properties in the RP doc for the portType.
It makes InitialTerminationTime optional on the Add request.  However, the
AddResponse has mandatory elements. Also, they are typed independently from
the wsrf-rl xsd, when they could (should) use "ref=" to use the same
definition.

It's useful to have the scheduled termination time capability as an option,
but I see no reason to make the function 'recommended'.   In the Primer
example (Section 11.2), I use <wsrf-rl:TerminationTime xsi:nil='true'/> to
avoid the complexity of scheduled termination until it's appropriate, but I
cannot really explain why it is there at all.

2)  I may have been too creative with an example of a Notification message
in section 11.4. The RP spec allows the ResourcePropertyChangeNotification
to wrapped in an application-specific way, but this makes interoperability
trickier (see issue wsrf20).  I wonder if we should be recommending
un-wrapped elements, or making a more general statement about the message
types that are sent on the properrty change topic in line 1441.

Thanks and Regards, Tim Banks.
ESB Architecture, Hursley, UK.
Phone:   Int: 245639 ,   Ext: +44 (0) 1962 815639