Subject: Comment on Primer / Issue WSRF 156

Line 117 of WS-Resource states that a resource is a "logical entity".  Mark McKeown has raised an issue on this definition (WSRF 156), but it was judged that no change needs to be done to the text (Oct 31 Teleconference).  However, Section 4.2 of the Primer states, ". . .WS-Resource can represent both physical devices and logical entities."  The Primer should be brought into line with the spec (or vice versa !)and Ian's explanation for "logical" should be included in the Primer.

(I, for one, agree with Mark that the word "logical" is ambiguous, even ignoring common parlance in which "logical" means "reasonable".  Logic deals with form, not entity-hood.  The closest thing I can think of to a "logical entity" is a set (from set theory), but that is not the intended meaning here.)

Kirk Wilson
Computer Associates