wsrp-comment message

Subject: Re: [wsrp-comment] Public Comment

Though its true the committee hasn't formally considered Ajax support
for WSRP, we have noted that many Ajax use cases can already be
implemented using the wsrp resource mechanism. Because wsrp 1.0 limits
resource access to http your implementation is limited by not having
access to portlet state, however much can still be accomplished. WSRP
2.0 removes this restriction yet because the communication is still
within the the resource mechanism, prevents you from modifying portlet
state. Removing this last restriction (and subtleties related to
resources) is a high priority item for us in moving the standard forward.
-Mike-