Subject: RE: [wsrp] initCookie

but there might still be valid cookies, so why do not forward them?
Our spec is a little bit vague here, it says:
" If at any time the Producer throws a fault message ("
Interface.InvalidCookie") indicating the supplied cookies have been
invalidated at the Producer, then the Consumer MUST again invoke initCookie
() and SHOULD reprocess the invocation that caused the fault message to be
thrown and include any data that may have been stored in a session related
to a cookie. "

If I read it, it says that all cookies passed to an operation which returns
an InvalidCookie fault are invalid?
This would mean that a) is correct since consumers are required to pass all
cookies received back to the producer (based on the cookie rules).
Given that, Rich this means that this fault and a subsequent initCookie()
indeed chang the set of cookies.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

|         |           Andre Kramer     |
|         |           <andre.kramer@eu.|
|         |           citrix.com>      |
|         |           06/24/2003 03:58 |
  |       To:       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                        |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                        |
  |       Subject:  RE: [wsrp] initCookie                                                                                                            |

However, option (a) still seems a reasonable alternative (i.e. throw out
all cookies rather than forwarding current cookie collection). I hope
producers will not depend on (b), as that will mean even more dependence on
what in my view is a questionable legacy mechanism.

regards,
Andre