Subject: [wsrp] new XML Schema for 2.0

Title: [wsrp] new XML Schema for 2.0

I have not received the email Rich referred to yesterday (it is also still not on the TC Web email archive) but I would like to express a strong preference for a completely separate "2.0" schema using a new namespace. Not only is this conceptually cleaner but does not require developers to remember if a type was introduced in 2.0 or modified. Versioning is badly supported by tools, but one can leverage class inheritance with some hand editing of code generated from XSD. For example, to support a C# re-working of the 2.0 Event class for wsrp 3.0:

[System.SerializableAttribute()]

[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(Namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v3:types")]

public class Event3 : Event2

{

// add new 3.0 fields

}

[System.SerializableAttribute()]

[System.Xml.Serialization.XmlTypeAttribute(Namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v2:types")]

public class Event2 // : EventBase

{

}

Regards,