Subject: Q's on publicParameters

I apologize if these are covered elsewhere (or discussed previously), but
after looking at draft04 I couldn't readily find the answers to these
questions:

1. Could we clearly describe at least one case for each where one might use
portletProperties and publicParameters?
I did find that properties were guaranteed to be persistent, while
publicParameters were guaranteed not to be.
Also, publicParameters seem to be some kind of publicly (i.e. consumer)
suppliable navigational state.
I suspect that someone might think that they were similar (and redundant),
as I initially did :-)

Going forward with the idea that publicParameters are a kind of
navigational state, I had 2 other questions:

2. Might there be name recognition or mapping issues of publicParameters
between consumer and producer? Do we need to introduce similar naming as in
events?  (i.e. hierarchical)

3. Might there be privacy (or at least policy) issues of supplying them to
a producer (given that it may have been obtained from another producer)?
Ex: is it appropriate to allow the "ACCT_NO" property from producer,
"schwab.com", to populate the similarly named publicParameter on
"nefarious.com"? I think not. I realize that there might have to be some
kind of policy enforcement on the consumer, but might we do something to
assist in that effort? Or is this out of the scope of the spec?