Subject: Re: [wsrp] WSRP 2.0 issues: Alignement with JSR 286

Other then (1) I don't think any of these items should be included in
2.0.  The bar for 2.0 should be to only reopen/fix something if its
broken in 2.0.  I don't consider 2.0 broken if it doesn't play
well/cleanly with JSR 286.  That being said I do think we want to play
well with 286 and maybe should consider a maintanence release of 2.0
(i.e. 2.1) to update 2.0 with only those features that make 286 support
clean.  But even in this case I am wary of including (2) -- Ajax support
as a see this being a rats nest lowering my confidence we will not have
to tweak it a few times to get it right once clients start using it --
and hence needs the nimbleness of an Extension.

Some specific comments:
(2) Ajax support:  you don't give hints on your ideas for a rich man's
solution but reading between the lines it either adds more extensions
(to be used with the other calls) or new methods to handle fragments
specifically.  I don't think we should go there yet.  I am not convinced
that our extension in pbia can't satisfy all your needs.

(3) Support for cookies -- though related to (1) the question is whether
we need/can add language to the consumer demanding cookie rewritting and
that cookies are returned to the client.  As we get more client-centric
implementations using cookies to carry/manage portlet state seems like
another trick in the bag for those portlets focused on http
client/consumer transport.
    -Mike-