wss-comment message

Subject: Re: [wss-comment] Public Comment

Thanks for the comments, all but first one as addressed, the first one I did not address as the specification calls out usage for RFC 2253 section 2.3 which deals with Converting AttributeTypeAndValue not defining the attributes. The specification also refers you to RFC 822 for usage of EmailAddress, so I think the specification already covers your concerns about what attribute to use

Inactive hide details for comment-form@oasis-open.orgcomment-form@oasis-open.org

          comment-form@oasis-open.org

          09/09/2005 12:51 PM
          Please respond to
          mark.wahl

wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[wss-comment] Public Comment

Comment from: mark.wahl@informed-control.com

Name: Mark Wahl
Title: President
Regarding Specification:
wss-v1.1-spec-pr-SOAPMessageSecurity-01.pdf

line 1045 "...it is strongly RECOMMENDED that <ds:KeyName> elements conform to the attribute names in section 2.3 of RFC 2253".  RFC 2253  defines LDAP attribute type names used in DNs.  The LDAP attribute type used for email addresses is "mail", yet the following example uses "EmailAddress=".  If the spec intends to use a  nonstandard attribute "EmailAddress" in the RDN then it should explain that the above rule does not apply in this case, otherwise it should be
mail=ckaler@microsoft.com

line 1066 typo "EncyrptedKey"

line 1301 typo "canolicalization"

line 1645 typo "SHOUD"

line 2002 table header uses "Faultcode", line 2005  "faultcode"

line 2027 I don't understand what "outmost protection" is for passwords.

line 2148 typo "descendents"

Mark Wahl
Informed Control Inc.