wss-comment message

Subject: Re: [wss-comment] Public Comment

I agree on your normative vs. non normative comments, we are still chasing the reference to the "thumbprint" and will adjust the text reference to Thumbprint extension and Thumbprint attribute. The PKIPATH link has been adjusted

Inactive hide details for comment-form@oasis-open.orgcomment-form@oasis-open.org

          comment-form@oasis-open.org

          09/09/2005 10:23 AM
          Please respond to
          mark.wahl

wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[wss-comment] Public Comment

Comment from: mark.wahl@informed-control.com

Name: Mark Wahl
Title: President
Regarding Specification: wss-v1.1-spec-pr-x509TokenProfile-01.pdf

Section 3.2.4

Line 244 describes a certificate as having a "X.509 Thumbprint attribute"; while
line 255 as having a "X.509 Thumbprint extension".

Is line 252 really "with the value or" or a typo for "with the value of"?

section 5

RFC 3967 describes a normative reference as one which

  "specifies a document that must be read to fully understand or implement
   the subject matter in the new RFC, or whose contents are effectively
   part of the new RFC, as its omission would leave the new RFC incompletely
   specified."
and
  "For documents that are referenced, any document that includes key
  information an implementer needs would be normative.  For example, if
  one needs to understand a packet format defined in another document in
  order to fully implement a specification, the reference to that format
  would be normative."

Thus I am surprised that X.509 specifications are listed as non-normative.

In particular, it is not clear which document if any listed defines (e.g.
provides the OID specification of) the X.509 "Thumbprint extension"

Also, I find that following the URL given for the [PKIPATH] reference, the
resulting page contains merely

Recommendation
Available languages and formats :
No Document currently available