Subject: [xacml] Re: More Functions questions

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Anne Anderson wrote:

> 1. I believe we decided for consistency to use "rfc822name"
>    rather than "rfc822Name", and "x500name" rather than
>    "x500Name".  Is this correct?

I think consistency is with the other data types, such as
"hexBinary" and "base64Binary" of which they use the capital
letter separation.

> 2. There are two string-match functions specified in Functions
>    v13:
>      string-regexp-match
>      regexp-string-match
>
>    I am assuming the second one is an inadvertent holdover and
>    should be deleted.  Right?

Actually, its the first one that is the hold over because of the regexp
function match function specified elsewhere. You'll noticed that I change
the order of the arguments in the rfc822 name match function. This is,
because the Match always applies its 2nd argument, i.e. a regexp, to the
first argument of the function named in the MatchId. So one would name the
"regexp-string-match".

I know it's a little funky, but I didn't want to make a motion to change
the order of the elements, i.e. Designator/Selector and AttributeValue, in
the Match constructs.

However, I believe that they are both needed. They can both be used in the
higher order functions depending on which arguments you place where.

But, if anything goes, it's the first one, "string-regexp-match"

Cheers,
-Polar