Subject: [xacml] XACML public review

Greetings OMG SecSIG,

Below is the annoucement letter for XACML, which is the eXtenible Access
Control Markup Language Specification from OASIS. It is a specification
for access control policy in XML. We are looking for public comment on the
specification, and thus I am posting it to the OMG Security SIG list for
your review.

I believe this specification may be used to write policies behind the
Resource Access Decision service (RAD). However, in your review, please
keep in mind that this specification is XML based and is not for a domain
specific language with which to write easily human-readable policies. I
fully expect tools to write XACML from other languages, whether text based
or visual based tools. I envision XACML primiarily for policy interchange.

There is an e-mail list, specified below, to which you can post your
comments.

Thanks,
-Polar

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:58:20 -0500
From: Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
To: members@lists.oasis-open.org, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [OASIS members] XACML public review

On behalf of the co-chairs of the TC, I am pleased to announce that the
OASIS eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Technical
Committee has voted unanimously to approve its XACML 1.0 document as a
Committee Specification.

The XACML TC also voted to begin the process of moving the specification
to an OASIS Standard by initiating a 30-day public review period with
respect to the XACML 1.0 Committee Specification, in accordance with
Section 2 of the OASIS Technical Committee Process document
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml).

The public review period extends from
      Friday, November 8, 2002, until
      Sunday, December 8, 2002 (inclusive).

The specification and accompanying schema documents may be found at

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-core-01.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-schema-policy-01.xsd
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml/repository/cs-xacml-schema-context-01.xsd

or from the XACML Web site at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xacml

Comments are welcome and encouraged from all interested parties.
Comments should be submitted to the XACML comment list at
xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org.

(OASIS comment lists no longer require subscription, but you will be
required by the mail server to return a token to confirm your message.)

-Karl