Subject: [public review comments]TC Admin comments on XACML v3.0 Core and Hierarchical Role Based Access Control (RBAC) Profile Version 1.0

Members of the OASIS eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) TC,

TC Administration provides the following comments for the public
review of the above Committee Specification Drafts. The public review
was announced on 6 October 2011. See
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201110/msg00005.html

General:
These do not require correcting but we provide them for your consideration.

1.  OASIS document references [XACML] (line 71) and [RBAC-V2] (line
81) use formatting which differs from our recommended OASIS citations
format.

The citation construction that we use when creating citation formats
for OASIS documents is:

[CITATION-LABEL]
Work Product title (italicized). Approval date (DD Month YYYY). Stage
Identifier and Revision Number (e.g., Committee Specification Draft
01). Principal URI (version-specific URI, e.g., including the filename
component with stage and revision: /somespec-v1.0-csd01.html).

Also note that for reader convenience, we link to the HTML.

So for XACML, the format would be:

[XACML]
<ital>eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Version
3.0</ital>. 11 March 2010. Committee Specification Draft 03.
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/xacml-3.0-core-spec-cd-03-en.html

2. Line 75 Non-normative reference [ANSI-RBAC] has a URI which simply
leads to the main information page for RBAC in NIST. From there it
takes a lot of looking around to find a link to where one can buy the
reference document ($30):
http://www.techstreet.com/standards/incits/359_2004?product_id=1151353

3. Line 77 Non-normative reference [RBACIntro] URI no longer points to
the subject document; apparently NIST replaced the source document
with a shorter and earlier (1992) precursor.

Please let us know if you have any questions on any of these.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393