Subject: Re: [xacml] Cross references?

Hi Erik,

One way to avoid this is to use the Latest version links when you update a profile. For example, to cite the Export Compliance Profile, you could use this format:

[xacml-ec-us-v1.0]    XACML 3.0 Export Compliance US (EC-US) Profile Version 1.0. Latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/ec-us/v1.0/xacml-3.0-ec-us-v1.0.html

That way, your references will always go to the most recent approved version of the document.

Alternately, you can ask TC Admin to update OASIS citations during publishing with a designated cross-reference motion as part of your approval. To do that, when the document is approved for CS (e.g.) include language like this:

"I move to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve <Committee Specification Draft title and version number> contained in <URL to Committee Specification Draft> as a Committee Specification, ******-> and to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration update the following Designated Cross-References during publication of the Committee Specification:

- Current reference to be updated: <text of OASIS work product cross-reference to be updated?  Expected approval status and date: <expected approval stage>, <expected month/year of approval>

- <repeat references as needed> "

With that sort of explicit instruction in the motion, I'll update the cross-references as part of the publication. It is the only time that I'll go in and change what the TC wrote - I stay out of TC content in general.

Does this answer the question or are you looking at something different?

Best,

/chet