Subject: Re: [xcbf] Delay suggested

Title:
Alessandro,

I respectfully disagree.

Despite the tone and volume of the concerns expressed on this
thread, the minor issues that have been raised are just that, minor,
editorial in nature, easily addressed as we begin the next version.

The current CS is an important work that is useful far beyond this
TC. The XCBF CS is being referenced in one US national security
standard. And it is being used in other OASIS work as well.

Further delay will not substantially improve the XCBF CS as
evidenced by the strength of the ballot results to approve sending
the work forward, and the nature of the comments made during
that ballot.

However this turns out, I will do as the TC has balloted and send
the work forward as soon as I can meet all OASIS requirements.

I will then try to turn the TCs attention to the next version of the work.
Hopefully, all of your current concerns will be addressed in this effort.

But I look forward most to adding new material and to solving more
difficult problems in the months ahead. I hope that you will continue
to contribute to that effort.

Phil

Alessandro Triglia wrote:
Phil,

In the presence of concerns expressed by members of the committee about
the quality of the current specification, I doubt it is a good idea to
submit this specification to OASIS for standardization.

The deadline of April 15 can be easily moved to May 15, if this helps
guaranteeing a minimum level of quality as is desirable from a standard.

Alessandro