Subject: Re: [xcbf] conference call outcome

(Not sure whether Bancroft and Paul and Olivier are still on the XCBF list, so
copied to them just in case.)

Rick,

Sorry I missed the meeting - I am afraid I plain forgot.

I *think* I understand what the CBEFF alignment ("profiling") means, thanks to a
  Chat with Alessandro.  Clearly this can be done if we think it worth-while:
that is, if Fernando will accept and back the end-result;  it is possible he is
using this as an excuse, and that further work will not advance the cause.

If we are to proceed, we need to determine time-scales.  It is unlikely that we
can have anything done in time for the Sydney input deadline (I am up to my
eyebrows with CBEFF, BIoAPI, ASN.1 OID stuff, and BIP that will take me well
into the New Year, but could probably have a document available by the Sydney
meeting.

I guess we need to caucus with Fernando at that meeting if we are to proceed?

Can you handle NetMeeting?  I believe that a NetMeeting session with you, me and
and Alessandro (probably hosted by Paul Thorpe, because he is good at that!) and
possibly including Bancroft, who is good at deciding what is a good political
direction,  might be the best way to proceed.

John L