xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2009-07-02

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 02 July 2009 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time (20:00-21:00 UTC)

ATTENDING

Markus Sabadello
Drummond Reed
Bill Barnhill

1) XRD 1.0 DISCOVERY AND XDI 1.0 CONTEXT DISCOVERY

Now that XRD 1.0 is nearing completion, we discuss the relationship between
XRD link discovery and XDI context discovery. The parallels are now much
clearer than they were with XRI Resolution 2.0 and XRDS architecture.

We worked out the following basic mapping:

The Subject of an XRD maps directly to an XDI subject, with the following
rules:
	1) If the XRD Subject is a bound XRI, the XDI subject is the unbound
XRI.
	2) If the XRD Subject is any other URI, the XDI subject is $({uri}),
where {uri} is the value of the <XRD:Subject> element.

The <XRD:Expires> element maps into a statement (probably $d$expires) on the
$ subject that describes the XDI context.

Each <XRD:Alias> element maps into a $is statement on the XDI subject.

Each <XRD:Type> element maps into a $is$a statement on the XDI subject.

Each <XRD:Link:Rel> element maps to an XDI predicate on the XDI subject,
following the same URI==>XRI mapping rules defined above.

Each <XRD:Link:URI> element maps to the XDI object of the XDI predicate.
Note this means that for >1 <XRD:Link:Rel> and >1 <XRD:Link:URI>, every
<XRD:Link:Rel> must be mapped to every <XRD:Link:URI>, i.e., it is
combinatorial.

The <ds:KeyInfo> element and its child elements (as well as any other
extension element) map to XDI predicates on the XDI subject per the rules
for XML==>XDI document mapping that have been discussed previously by the
TC.

2) SVN SERVER FOR XDI TC

Bill checked and we don't have one assigned yet, so Bill sent an email to
Mary McRae to see if we can get it up and running over our summer break.

3) SUMMER CALL SCHEDULE

Drummond has some very heavy travel, both work and vacation, coming up for
the next six weeks. Bill has travel next week and then a major project due
the following few weeks.

We agreed to take a summer break for the next six weeks. Drummond will send
email to the list in August when calls are ready to resume.