xmlvoc message

Subject: Re: [xmlvoc] Call for voting on requirements document

I vote "no".

The reason is that I cannot in good conscience say I am happy with
this document. I feel it is far too thin.  We don't yet have a very
clear idea of what it is we want to achieve, and I would like to see
us rectify that before we move on. I think more work on the
requirements document would have been a good way to work towards more
clarity.

I agree with what Steve says about user requirements, and the lack of
those is my main reason for voting "no". The best we could do now
would IMHO be to sit down and define some use cases, and then come
back to this document and flesh it out.

I also feel that the document as written needs a clean-up before it is
actually published to the world at large. I had a number of comments I
would have liked to make about it after the concall (although I admit
I did not say so in the concall, so nobody knew about it), but there
was no time to post them after the draft was published and before the
voting began. If I had known that voting would begin so soon I would
have acted sooner.

This vote would have been a lot more useful if I had posted it before
everyone else had cast their votes, but time is limited, and so this
is how it came out. I am sorry about that, and I am sorry to make
trouble in this way, but I feel I can do no other.