xri message

Subject: New XRI TC wiki pages for continuing W3C discussion

Per our third agenda item for tomorrow's telecon, I have updated one wiki
page and added two more:

1) http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriTcW3cTag, Section 6 (URI Scheme Issues)
has been updated to reflect feedback from Stuart Williams of the TAG that
the TAG is not recommending mapping of other URI spaces into HTTP URI space,
but creating "subspaces" or "subclasses" of HTTP URIs. This we're calling
"HTTP URI profiles".

2) http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriTcW3cTag/TagFindingReferences is a
brief analysis of the other identifier proposals cited in the TAG's 2006
draft finding, http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/URNsAndRegistries-50.html. It
shows that none of them are relevant to the abstract identifier requirements
of the XRI TC.

3) http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/AbstractIdentifierArchitecture is the
start of work on a white paper explaining the overall rationale for abstract
identifier architecture as called for in section 5 of
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriTcW3cTag. The first text posted is a set
of proposed definitions for abstract and concrete identifiers.

If you can, please read these over (especially the last one) before our XRI
TC telecon tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

=Drummond