xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Datetime for ds:Signature

If the new parts of ds:sig that Scott mentioned are backwards
compatible, that may not be too bad.

We have an existing expires element that arguably needs a wording
change.

We have certificate revocation for those that want x509 and other ways
of verifying signatures for SAML meta-data etc.

Other than perhaps for generational control what is the signing date
good for?

If it is to know what version of a XRD is the most current, that may
be a good reason but shouldn't be part of the signature itself.

John B.